Friday, April 17, 2009

"Venture capitalist"

A venture capitalist is a person or investment firm that makes venture investments, and these venture capitalists are expected to bring managerial and technical expertise as well as capital to their investments.


Normally venture capitalists borrow money to businesses who cannot receive loans from bank. What I want to bring about are "venture capitalists" who are a little close to home...


AH LONG!


Everyone knows who are Ah Longs and what they do right? Individuals who lend money to stupid people. Usually for gambling debts. To be honest, I don't think people who gamble are very smart. Wait, let me rephrase that. People who gambles money away and need to seek help from other people to settle their debts are idiots. I have nothing against rich people who's looking for ways to spend money.


I remember I read this comment text in the newspaper. "Get Ah Long's off the streets. They are ruining peoples lives." Or somewhere along those lines. I beg to differ with that statement. First things first. Ah Longs don't ruin peoples lives. People ruin their own lives by developing a self devotion to gambling. Everyone knows the terms and conditions before Ah Longs borrow money. 1. Daily interest. 2.Must repay by due date.


Correct?? Very clear right?


Yet people still go to them. I don't get it. Don't give me that, "They were desperate," shyt. Life's full of choices. It just depends on which you want to make. Yes these 'businesses' are illegal and should be stopped. But think about it. How many businesses are straight nowadays? I seriously don't blame Ah Longs more than do I blame the people that borrow money from them. People don't run businesses that don't make money. Ah Longs are not stupid people.


So you want to curb the illegal borrowing culture?


Get everyone to stop borrowing from them. There is no business to run if there is no demand.

0 comments: